Females in Combat
Online Therapy Treatment
Real Military Leaders:
- Can cuss for a full ten minutes without ever repeating a word.
- Got their commissions the old-fashioned way - at OCS.
- Can remember when they were real NCOs.
- Will fight with bayonets and E-tools just to save ammo.
- Have eyes in the backs of their heads.
- Can see in the dark.
- Would rather be a squad leader than a general.
- Have dreams about leading a parachute assault on Baghdad.
- Still don't trust the Russians.
- Still hate the French.
- Will take vacation time just to make a pilgrimage to Ft. Benning to see Iron Mike.
- Know who Iron Mike is.
- Don't give a damn about being politically correct.
- Don't know how to be politically correct
- Love deploying to combat because there's less paperwork.
- Know that "Cav" is an abnormal condition that can be cured with testosterone shots.
- Can remember the "daily dozen".
- Can remember running PT in boots.
- Have enough "fruit salad" on their greens to be Mexican field marshals.
- Have enough time in service to retire as captains.
- Think it's cool to teach their kids how to do "SPORTS".
- Do not fear women in the military.
- Would actually like to date GI Jane.
- Know what a short-arm inspection is.
- Think that Bradley crewmen are emasculated infantrymen.
- Know that tankers exist in order to allow the enemy to deplete its basic load of sabot ammunition.
- Know where the "Green Ramp" is.
- Can remember who their "Ranger Buddy" was.
- Know that there's a difference between "giving orders" and "going through the orders process".
- Think that "slides" involve ropes and snap links.
- Don't like taking orders from a guy who couldn't get a DD214.
- Still know how to PMCS a buffer.
- Can field strip an M1 Garand, although an M14 is an authorized substitute.
- Believe that they do have a rendezvous with destiny.
- Know that most of life's problems can be solved by applying the eight steady hold factors.
- Know that the US Military was too goddamn stupid to have assassinated Kennedy.
- Believe that "Nuts" wasn't exactly all that BG McAuliffe said to the Krauts at Bastogne.
- Think that we should develop nuke rounds for the M203.
- Know the true meaning of the word Hooah.
- Want both "Cross of Iron" and "Saving Private Ryan" to be training films.
- Don't know how to use a "stress card".
- Idolize John Wayne.
- Know why you should carry two field dressings on your LBE.
- Would rather have a "mad minute" than a "VTC".
- Shudder when they hear "Garry Owen".
- Know that the vertical buttstroke is not a sexual position.
- Don't believe that "AAFES" needs a "commander".
- Don't need "leadership tabs" to know when they're in charge.
- Can remember when faggots were not a "minority group".
- Don't have to "do a Lewinski" to get a "one block".
- Don't give a damn if they get a "one block".
- Won't brief it if it's too complicated to fit on a few 3x5 cards.
- Believe troops don't really want the "Single Soldier Initiative".
- Really don't like taking crap from those who haven't "been there".
- Believe that "RHIP" was invented by individuals who couldn't lead
their way out of a field latrine.
- Know how to properly construct a field latrine
- Can set the headspace and timing on a "fifty" by touch alone.
- Know how to do a "daisy chain".
- Enjoy heating MREs with C4.
- Might admire the Germans, but still realize they got their asses kicked, twice.
- Aren't afraid of the Chinese, who probably still don't have enough
rowboats to invade Taiwan.
- Would rather be OPFOR than MOPP 4.
- Know that the new OER system is as screwed up as the old one.
- Think that the neutron bomb would be appropriate for the Bosnia scenario.
- Realize that Reagan won the Gulf War.
- Don't believe a damn thing the Iraqis say.
- Want to be like Teddy Roosevelt.
- Love the smell of napalm in the morning.
- Know that "napalm" is really called "incendi-gel".
- Don't need a GPS to find themselves.
- Think of Army aviators as guys who wear pajamas to work.
- Know that it really is possible to crawl inside a Kevlar when someone's shooting at you.
- Have enough extra TA-50 in their closets to start a surplus store. (Army-issued individual equipment)
- Would love to own their own HMMWV.
- Think that MREs taste good.
- Would like to see what kind of creature "ham and chicken loaf" comes from.
- Realize that there were no starving people in Somalia.
- Can remember open bay barracks.
- Believe that "combat power on the objective" is a bunch of crap.
- Believe that killing the enemy isn't.
- Know that "accuracy counts", especially in combat.
- Know the Ranger Creed by heart.
- Still have jungle fatigues in their closets.
- Never count on the artillery in a clutch.
- Believe that terrorists can be taken care of for 32 cents each (the cost of a 9mm round).
- Can be found eating and bunking with the troops.
- Are convinced that "wall-to-wall counseling" really works.
- Would love to go to sniper school.
- Have more time on a static line than most other soldiers have in the chow line.
- Know what a "link count" is.
- Realize that volleyball is the most important subject taught at CAS3.
- Know that it's not real coffee if you can't stand a track jack up in it.
- Don't need a "MCOO" to know where the enemy will come from.
- Don't blame poor marksmanship on their M16.
- Know that shitty leaders will always say they have shitty soldiers.
Site by PTSD Support Services, Woodland Park CO: |